My Top Picks for Natural, Non-Toxic Makeup
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about Savvy Minerals or after you buy for $25 off your Premium Starter Kit order!
The world of natural beauty has become a hard one to navigate and I get it…friends are starting all of these businesses and are constantly trying to sell you on their products- it’s annoying and frustrating. Being on the other side of things is also frustrating- there are so many people sharing the WRONG way (meaning, pushing sales instead of just genuinely sharing what they love and letting YOU make the first move) Not only does it undermine the effectiveness of the products, it makes words that were once powerful seem empty and leaves you wondering what and who you can trust. Also, as a disclaimer- I am not a makeup artist by any means but my skin is very reactive to the products I use so I know what works vs doesn’t work for my acne sensitive face. I wanted to call this all out straight in the beginning because this isn’t just another post trying to sell you something you don’t need for my own personal gains. I want to be an insider resource for you who you can trust and ask your questions to- I will always give my honest opinions, even if that means telling you that a product ISN’T right for you!
Before finding Savvy Minerals, I was so frustrated with the makeup world. After my second miscarriage, I had made the decision that I wanted to make the switch to all-natural products. My cleaning products were the first to go. After that, I decided to start in on my makeup / beauty routine. EASIER SAID THAN DONE. I remember going into Ulta and asking the sales associate if she could point me in the direction of their cleanest foundation option. Her response “well, we do have one brand that is pretty clean. This is probably your best option” then handed me a tube of foundation. It was $68 which is insane for makeup in my opinion and was THICK. I bought it in desperation then went home and started googling the ingredients- it was definitely not up to my standard of “non-toxic” and I hated the way it stuck all over my face like a mask.
So at this point, I reluctantly decided to try Savvy Minerals. I was already a Young Living essential oil user at this point but I was not hopeful about their makeup- like could makeup sold by an essential oils company really be that great? I started with their foundation which is a mineral powder. I am not going to lie to you, it wasn’t love BUT I kept using it because I didn’t know of any other options. Then, something insane happened. After about a month of using it, my skin completely cleared up. This hadn’t happened since being on Accutane in high school! So I was determined to make it work. I made some adjustments and can honestly say that now, I am IN LOVE with my 5 minute makeup routine- it is 100% all natural and non-toxic, makes my skin look/feel amazing, and actually makes it so I don’t have to wear a ton of makeup anyways (which is kind of ironic)
Here is what I do:
1. Foundation- Savvy Minerals Warm No 2
2. Misting Spray (this is the adjustment I made for applying the mineral foundation and it is a MUST HAVE. It made me actually fall in love with using the powder where before I wasn’t loving it)
3. Bronzer- Savvy Minerals Bronzed All Over
4. Blush- Savvy Minerals I Do Believe You’re Blushin’
5. Mineral Veil- Savvy Minerals Matte Veil I don’t always use this. When I do, you only need a TINY amount. It really makes my skin look extra smooth
6. Lip Gloss- Savvy Minerals Embrace (I am NOT a lip gloss person but I actually love this!)
7. Mascara- I use a non-toxic brand from Target (Pacifica) and don’t like it. Once it’s gone, I’ll be trying another brand.
8. DIY Face Serum- I swear by this DIY. My skin loves it!! I’ll post the recipe soon and link it once I do!
9. Young Living Satin Mint Scrub- I use this a couple times a week and my skin loves it! I have noticed a major difference in the texture, my face feels so smooth and fresh afterwards!
Okay if you want to try this routine out, you have a couple of options! If you are not a member of Young Living yet, the most cost effective way to switch your makeup out in one fair swoop is to buy the Savvy Minerals Starter Kit. The cost is $150 and you will get all the makeup mentioned above (except the bronzer, mineral veil, and mascara) PLUS a Lavender essential oil and a Young Living wholesale discount (24% off) on any future purchases you make. The bundle saves you $50 opposed to purchasing everything separately. ALSO I will give you an additional discount. Mention this post to me and I’ll give you $25 back on your order! Click HERE to for this buying option and follow the steps below:
1. Make sure “Member” is checked on the first page (it will be automatically) then click “Continue” at the bottom of the page. This just gets you the wholesale member discount (24% off) any future Young Living purchases for a year. There is no monthly commitment or any strings attached. If you decide you want to make another purchase later on and spend at least $50 in the next year, your membership with automatically renew for the next year. If you decide you don’t want to do this though, that is perfectly OK and you won’t have to spend another penny.
2. Click “Continue” on the pop up
3. Choose the “Other Premium Starter Kits” tab and choose the kit with the foundation color that matches best with your skin tone- don’t stress over this too much, all of the colors are very blendable and forgiving! (let me know if you need help with this, I am happy to match you!)
4. Scroll down and check “No” then click “Next”
5. Continue through the checkout process like normal
6. Let me know when you’re done and I will send you your $25 back! I will also get you hooked up with other helpful resources regarding non-toxic living and wellness!
If you are already a Young Living member, you can purchase the Savvy Minerals Starter Kit (described above) through your online portal OR purchase the products separately. If you want to switch everything out, the kit will still save you money and is the best way to go! If you are a member of Essential Rewards- I was able to switch out my entire makeup routine over time FOR FREE. That’s the power of essential rewards for you!
If you are not a Young Living member and would rather purchase each product individually instead, you can totally do that! You can buy everything retail on Young Living’s website by searching Savvy Minerals under the Product tab at the top.
If you are looking for suggestions beyond Young Living’s Savvy Minerals, I have heard great things about Beauty Counter and Ilia but I haven’t had a chance to try them yet! If you do, let me know what you think, I’d love to hear!